GETTING STARTED & USER TIPS
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions about navigating the eLearning Center? Here you will find information and step-by-step guides on tasks such as: logging-in, forgotten passwords/usernames, claiming CME Credit, and much more.
Account and Login Questions
How do I login to the ASAM eLearning Center?
Log in to the eLearning Center with your ASAM username and password. ASAM Members (past and present) and ASAM conference/course attendees already have usernames and passwords. If you have multiple email addresses, please use the email you used when you signed up for ASAM membership or an ASAM Course. You can login here.
How do I create an account with ASAM?
Click here to go to the ASAM login page, and follow the instructions for "Create Account". When completing the account form information, be sure to complete anything with an *asterisk. These are required fields. Also, remember to click the “Save” button for phone number and address.
What if I forgot my password?
Click here and on Forgot Password. Enter your username and click Reset My Password. You will be emailed a code. Enter the code, a new password and confirm password. You will then be prompted to sign into your account. NOTE: by clicking the person icon on the top right, you can change your username, change your password, join ASAM or logout. Click on the ASAM logo on the upper left to go the ASAM website home page.
Do I have to be an ASAM Member to take a course?
No, ASAM would welcome you as a member, but you do not have to be an ASAM member to participate in a live or online course. However, an online account will need to be created for course access and to claim available CME on course completion. Members get special discounted rates on all content.
What browser or device should I be using?
It is recommended that you use a PC or MAC with an updated Internet Browser. Your system should have2.0Ghz Processor or faster 2 GB RAM (Greater than 2 GB recommended)
Browser must support HTML-5. Internet Explorer is NOT recommended. Do not access the site through a VPN or Remote Desktop. Ensure that pop-ups blockers are disabled in your Internet browser settings.
- Windows 7 or later Mac OS X 10.9 or later Chrome 60 or greater
- Firefox 52 or greater
- Edge 14 or greater
- Safari 10 or greater
- iOS 10 or greater
To detect your browser version, run https://whichbrowser.net/
Allow the following IP Addresses/Ports for HTML5
- 188.8.131.52 port 80, 443 (web and audio)
- 184.108.40.206 port 80, 443 (web and audio)
- 220.127.116.11 ports 80, 443 (web and audio)
- 18.104.22.168 ports 80, 443 (web and audio)
- 22.214.171.124 ports 80, 443 (web and audio)
Are there special technical requirements for live virtual courses or webinars?
For live virtual events, make sure you are viewing the course in an area with a strong internet connection and others in your home/office are not doing activities that will impact the quality of your connection (eg, streaming videos). Streaming a live course feed takes more internet bandwidth than other internet activities so you’ll want to ensure you have a strong connection.
Audio (sound) is streamed through your computer or device speakers. Be sure your computer or device is equipped with speakers so you can hear the recording or live session.
We also recommend learners do a browser test prior to the event start date. Do the browser test using the same device and set-up you intend to use on the day of the course.
- https://zoom.us/test - Most ASAM live activities will be in Zoom.
- http://events.commpartners.com/webcasts/browsetest/ - Annual Conference, Review Course, and State of the Art will use this platform.
What if I still have technical issues?
For technical assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Course Questions
Where can I find slides for my course?
PDFs of slides/modules, if available, can be found in the Handouts or Materials and Resources tab of your course. Tabs appear above the course Contents.
How do I claim my CMEs?
- Log into the ASAM eLearning Center
- Click on My Dashboard (on the tab list just under the eLearning Center header)
- Under My Dashboard, scroll to or search for the course for which you want to claim credit
- Click on the course title
- Click on Contents (if necessary)
- Click on CME Evaluation and then on Complete Survey (or Take Survey)
- Once the survey is completed, click on CME Credit
- Click on Claim Credit
- Choose the correct credit type (Physician Live, Physician On-Demand, Non-Physician, etc)
- Click on View/Print Certificate
- Print your certificate or save it to your device
- Once credit is claimed, your certificate(s) can be retrieved under My Dashboard by clicking Transcript/Achievements.
Where can I find my CME certificate(s)?
CMEs already claimed can be viewed/printed/saved in Transcripts (right under My Dashboard when you are logged in to the ASAM eLearning Center. Each course will have its own certificate to save/print or you can select a range of dates and save/print a PDF transcript.
Does ASAM offer any free courses?
Yes. ASAM, in its eLearning Center, offers several courses/webinars at no cost. See the current list here. You can also find the listing on the eLearning home page under Content Library/Browse by Price.
What is ASAM's refund or cancellation policy?
All ASAM eLearning Center refund requests must be made in writing to email@example.com within 90 days of purchase. Those requesting refunds for courses that are in progress will receive partial refunds or eLearning Center credit. Automatic full refunds will be made for any course with a live-course component that has been cancelled.
Specific Course Questions
How do I register for The ASAM Criteria training?
What courses does ASAM recommend taking to meet the DEA requirements for 8 hours of education on Substance Use Disorders (SUD)?
As a named provider in Section 1263 of the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2022, ASAM recommends the following courses to meet the DEA requirement for 8 hours of education on SUD:
Fundamentals of Addiction Medicine (8 hours)
Treatment of Opioid Use Disorder (8 hours)
Pain & Addiction: Essentials Online (6 hours)
Moving Beyond the Barriers of Treating OUD (3 hours)
OUD Mini-Course: Treatment in the Emergency Department (1 hour)
Buprenorphine Mini-Course: Building on Federal Prescribing Guidance (1 hour)
See the eLearning Center for more education options to fulfill this training requirement.
Are the DEA education requirements exclusive to opioid use disorder?
No, the education requirement refers to substance use disorders and not exclusively opioid use disorder, and the 8 hours can be completed cumulatively across multiple sessions that total 8 hours of training.
Which practitioners satisfy the DEA education requirements?
- Holding board certification in addiction medicine or addiction psychiatry by the American Board of Medical Specialties, American Board of Addiction Medicine, or American Osteopathic Association.
- Previously completed the DATA-2000 Waiver training.
- Previously completed 8 hours of cumulative training relevant to the treatment and management of patients with opioid or other substance use disorders from accredited groups named by the DEA.
- A-Z Index
- Alcohol Use Disorder Courses
- Annual Conference
- ASAM Criteria Courses
- Board Exam Study Tool
- DEA Education Requirement
- Fundamentals Curriculum
- Motivational Interviewing Curriculum
- Pain & Addiction Curriculum
- Review Course
- State of the Art Course
- Treatment of OUD Courses
- Treatment Court Courses