AUDIENCE: PHYSICIANS, CLINICIANS, & PROVIDERS
Learn about getting certified in Addiction Medicine and about maintaining your credentials in addiction medicine or other primary specialties.
About Getting Certified
Where can I get Certified in Addiction Medicine?
There are several pathways for physicians to become certified addiction medicine specialists. Explore some of the certifying boards below to determine if you are eligible and how to qualify.
- The American Board of Preventive Medicine (ABPM) Learn More
- The American Osteopathic Association (AOA) Learn More
- The American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN) Learn More
- The International Society of Addiction Medicine (ISAM) Learn More
- The Addictions Nursing Certification Board (ANCB) Learn More
- The National Certification Commission for Addiction Professionals (NCC AP) Learn More
How do I Prepare for Certification Exams?
ASAM offers a comprehensive suite of resources to help prepare for the certification exam, including a live and on-demand two-and-a-half-day review course, on-demand study tools, and leading textbook publications in addiction medicine.
- The ASAM Review Course in Addiction Medicine: General overview of all addiction medicine topics Learn More
- The ASAM Board Exam Study Tool: Interactive, practice tool with over 500 board exam style questions Learn More
- The ASAM Principles of Addiction Medicine, Sixth Edition: The field's comprehensive, updated, flagship textbook Learn More
- The ASAM Essentials of Addiction Medicine, Third Edition: A practical, stream-lined, and easy to use guide Learn More
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|