Learn about getting certified in Addiction Medicine and about maintaining your credentials in addiction medicine or other primary specialties.
About Maintenance of Certification
Physicians must maintain certification by meeting educational requirements for the assessment of continuing competencies through a program called Maintenance of Certification (MOC), Continuing Certification Program (CCP) or Osteopathic Continuous Certification (OCC). The purpose of MOC/CCP/OCC is to ensure that physicians adhere to the highest standards in medicine and pursue excellence in all areas of care and practice improvement.
Will my Credit Count?
Your credit will count if you're certified through the following boards:
- American Board of Preventive Medicine (ABPM) TMOC
- American Board of Anesthesiology (ABA) MOCA
- American Board of Family Physicians (ABFM) MOC
- American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) MOC
- American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) MOC
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN) MOC
- American Board of Surgery (ABS) MOC
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) MOC
- American Board of Addiction Medicine (ABAM) TraCC
How are Credits Reported?
ASAM reports learner completion data for CME credit that counts for maintenance of certification (MOC) points at the end of every calendar year for the following organizations. Please be sure to update all certification numbers in your ASAM member profile to ensure ASAM reports your CME credit and MOC points accurately.
If you do not update your certification number, ASAM will not be able to report your MOC points. The deadline to update your ASAM member profile to receive MOC points for 2022 activities is November 14 each year at 3pm ET.
Where do I Find my Certification Numbers?
- American Board of Anesthesiology (ABA) MOCA Find my number
- American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) MOC Find my Number
- American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) MOC Find my number
- American Board of Surgery (ABS) MOC Find my number
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) MOC Find My Number
How to Update your ASAM Member Profile?
- Log into your ASAM Profile
- Click My Profile (next to the Logout button)
- Click on Membership
- Click on the hyperlink – American Society of Addiction Medicine
- Scroll to Other Information and click the pencil icon to edit/add information
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|