ASAM/CCBHC Criteria Series Package - National Council - Sessions 1-6
- Registration Closed
ASAM/CCBHC Criteria Series Package
Host: National Council
The following 6 sessions are a series developed by ASAM in collaboration with the National Council that is designed to help counselors, social workers, administrators, and other clinical staff develop patient-centered service plans and make objective decisions about patient admission, continuing care, and transfer/discharge for individuals with addictive, substance-related, and co-occurring conditions.
These foundational sessions are the recommended first steps for counselors, social workers, administrators, and other clinical staff to understand the ASAM Criteria. They help attendees develop patient-centered service plans as well as make objective decisions about patient admission, continuing care, and transfer/discharge for individuals with addictive, substance-related, and co-occurring conditions. The content is based on information found in The ASAM Criteria®: Treatment Criteria for Addictive, Substance-Related, and Co-Occurring Conditions, Third Edition. Learners will get a chance to see how the ASAM Criteria bridges with the CCBHC Criteria through interactive case activities, Q&A, and didactic lecture.
The target audience for this introductory series is counselors, social workers, administrators, and other clinical staff.
- Identify the six dimensions of The ASAM Criteria’s multidimensional patient assessment.
- Determine treatment priorities based on risk assessment to guide treatment and service planning.
- Determine an appropriate level of care and treatment priorities based on risk assessment.
- Demonstrate understanding of the ASAM Levels of Care and key treatment and organizational elements
- Demonstrate ability to apply The ASAM Criteria in practice.
- Examine misconceptions and stigma associated with the treatment of individuals with substance use disorders
- Recognize ASAM as an integrated architecture for Assessment and Treatment Planning in CCBHC
*Residents, Fellows-in-training, Interns, and Students must join ASAM to receive a discounted registration rate. Click here to become an ASAM member. National and Chapter membership dues apply. There is no charge for Students to become a Member, but verification of student status is required.
Refunds & Cancellations
All ASAM eLearning Center refund requests must be made in writing to email@example.com within 90 days of purchase. Those requesting refunds for courses that are in progress will receive partial refunds or eLearning Center credit. Automatic full refunds will be made for any course with a live-course component that has been cancelled.
Registration Deadline: 08/09/2023
- Click on the Content tab to view all sessions within the series. Click the View button to access a specific session within the series.
- Within each session, select the Contents Tab to begin the activity.
- Participants will need to evaluations for each session. Certificate of Completions are available within each session and are not available for the entire package.
ASAM is proud to offer eSSENTIAL Accessibility to ensure our website is accessible and functional for all our learners while providing free assistive technology for people with the widest possible range of abilities.
CME, CE, CEU and Other Credit Types
This program is NOT accredited for CME by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
Learners can download a certificate of completion at the end of the activity.
This program is not accredited for CME by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), which means it does not have to follow the ACCME Standards and Guidelines with regards to collecting and mitigating disclosure information from planners and presenters.