At the end of the event, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate practical knowledge on the neurobiology of addiction and articulate its activity in terms useful in a clinical setting
- Describe the effects of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs in both tolerant and non-tolerant individuals
- Describe the process for diagnosing addiction and differentiating the symptoms of addiction from those of other medical or psychiatric disorders
- Explain the various pharmacologic and psychosocial treatments for addictive disorders and describe the factors that should be considered in selecting a treatment modality to match the needs of a specific patient
- Describe the precipitants of relapse and current evidence-based practices to prevent and manage relapse
Not Yet Registered?
All registrants of the ASAM Review Course 2020 or those who pre-registered for the ASAM Board Exam Study Course 2020 will be able to access this online event. All others should register using the button below.
View the virtual Course Syllabus and see all course slides.